Sunday, January 11, 2009

Still Not on the Bandwagon

So tonight, I was convinced (against my better judgement, perhaps) to go see Twilight. I've never read any of the books, so I had no preconceived notions going in. The hype has been so over-the-top, I figured it must be good, decent at least. My conclusion......this movie sucks like a vampire on your neck (pun most definately intended!)!! Please don't lynch me, overly obsessed Twilight fans!! It seems as if am the only woman (or teenage girl, for that matter) in the free world that did not like this movie. Everyone says the book is so much better, but I seriously doubt that I'll be reading it (or any of the books in the series) any time soon. I found Bella to be extremely naive. I mean, come on......."Welcome to my home. Meet my perfect vampire family. I can climb a tree like a lumberjack on speed. I have perfect hair.".....HA! And they weren't even real vampires. They don't drink human blood, they drink animal blood (and have the nerve to call themselves vegetarians!). They don't turn to dust or incinerate in the sun, they sparkle like diamonds!! Seriously!! And Edward had a serious case of the crazy-eyes. And he didn't even woo Bella! He just awkwardly stared at her and then broke into her room and stared at her some more while she slept. No one else finds this creepy? And who knew that the Cullen family lived in the house formerly occupied by Cameron from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" (a FAR superior movie, by the way)?

Although I didn't love the movie, I didn't think is was terrible either. I guess I can see why some would like it. I'm just too cynical, I suppose. I did get a small ab workout by laughing so much though!! And the company was AWESOME!!! Before the movie, Gia had us all over to her house for a pre-movie shindig. Some fun conversations were had (child birthing, breastfeeding....hehe!), and wine too, of course!! Gia, Lara, Jill and Renee were so cute in their Team Edward shirts!! Thanks Gia......you're the best!!

Heidi, Jill, Miriam, Tammy, Lara, Jacole, Stacy, Renee, Erin, Gia, Me & Shelby.

Me, Erica, Charline & Miriam

Lara, Tammy & Renee

Shelby, Erin, Stacy & Heidi

Needless to say, I was not swayed.....I am totally still TEAM WENDI!!!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

I am totally going to convince you to read the first book, Twilight, and I swear if you read it, you will be hooked too! Your post did make me laugh though.

Ellis Family said...

OH SNAP!!!!!!!!!!! I can definetly relate to what you're saying........I was NOT getting on this freakshow bandwagon either......ever! But, there was a weak moment and I caved and now LOVE Edward. NOT the "movie Edward" though - the book Edward. The movie is pretty weird and low budgety, I'll give you that and had I not read the book, I would have hated it too. Needless to say, the pre-party rocked and I'm soooooooo glad you came! We should find more reasons to get together and drink :)

Anonymous said...

i also am going to have to convince you to read the books i just got done with the fourth! i was not a big fan of the movie but it did make me want to date a vampire...they have to be a lot cooler that most of the guys i have dated thus far!

Wendi said...

Anonymous.....who are you???