Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rings Around Uranus

Pretty catchy, isn't it? Reagan's class is currently studying the solar system, and they each were asked to pick a planet and build a model to hang in the classroom planetarium. Her choice....Uranus. This weekend, she and I built a papier-mâché sphere and after it dried, she gave it a few coats of blue paint. On Monday evening, it was time to attach the rings. When basketball practice was over, I said to Reagan "Let's hurry up and get home. We have to put the rings around Uranus!!!" As soon as the words left my lips, I giggled a bit. I guess potty humor never ends for adults either! On the way home, she told me some interesting facts about her chosen planet like "Did you know that there's lots of gas on Uranus?" Again, giggles. We got home and attached the rings.....both of us were covered in glitter and glue!! This morning Reagan headed off to school with Uranus and we both think it looks great!

2 comments:

CE said...

I could so see this as a Saturday Night Live skit...hilarious.
You should do a post on how to MAKE the rings around uranus, okay, I'll stop.
Very crafty, I see what I have to look forward to with Ethan and Rachel, fun times.

Ellis Family said...

LMAO! I am guilty at potty humor myself. I always thought Saturn was the only one with rings, so good to know that Uranus does also!