Friday, December 19, 2008

Festival of Lights at Mike's Farm

Going to Mike's Farm to see the Festival of Lights has been a longtime local tradition here in Jacksonville. Although we have been to Mike's Farm before, tonight was our first time to see the Festival of Lights and it was AWESOME!! We purchased our tickets and although the line was quite long, it moved quickly. While we were waiting, Santa Clause came out to visit!After around 2o minutes, it was finally our turn!! We boarded our hayride bound for a beautiful light show.

The last attraction in the light show was a huge American flag and a Marine kneeling next to the grave of a fallen warrior. The hayride came to a stop and the song "Proud to be an American" was played. Mason and Reagan sang along and it was so sweet! It was the absolute best part of the show!!After the hayride, we checked out the Country Store and Bakery. First, we went into the Christmas store, which had so many breakable ornaments.....not protected in boxes, but hanging from trees and all I could imagine every time the kids went up to admire one, was the sound of shattering glass and the four of us leaving the store with our heads hung low. Needless to say, we got outta there quickly! Our next stop was the Bakery. Everyting was so old-timey and all the drinks were served in glass bottles. And while I like Coke, I LOVE Coke in a glass bottle (seriously, it tastes so much better!), so I was grinning from ear to ear when I saw them in the cooler! We bought a few sweet treats, popped the caps off our drinks and found a nice place to sit inside. The kids picked big-as-the-size-of-your-head chocolate chip cookies, I got a cream cheese puff (delicious!) and Adrian got an apple jack, which he LOVED and couldn't stop talking about all night! I admit, it was soooo good and the moment I took a bite, it reminded me of my Granny Scott's apple turnovers.

Cheers!

On the way out, I snapped a few cute pictures of the kids.

Charlie Brown Christmas Tree!!

The kids especially liked the outhouse. Potty humor....when will it end???

We even ran into a sheep and a donkey on the way out. It is a farm, afterall!

1 comment:

Ellis Family said...

FUN TIMES! We're dying to go! We were going to go last night, but Jase wants to go on the 26th. I told him they BETTER still have the lights on! You guys are the cutest and funnest family ever!